First Farmers' Market of the Year

The local farmers' market has been going on since May, but due to my schedule (and my love of sleep) I just haven't been able to visit this year. Last Saturday, however, I made plans with a friend from work (Taylor) and made a date to go to the farmers' market.

The day was beautiful. It had been a long week or so for both of us, so to have a rare day off in the sun was incredible. I mean, maybe the humidity was a little suffocating, but a day off is a day off and the sun is the sun - I wasn't complaining. So Taylor and I met near the entrance and made our way into the barn that houses our cute little farmers' marker.

We decided do a walk around first. It's easy to spend a lot of money at the farmers' market, I brought only $20 and figured out what I wanted to buy as we walked. Though, to be fair, I pretty much had a plan before I arrived.


Now, I don't want to create the illusion that it was humid and hot outside but nice and cool and refreshing inside. It wasn't that way at all. Halfway through our first circle around the market we were both waving ourselves with our hands. It didn't really work, but it was at that point where you feel like you have to do something. But on we went, wandering through the stuffy barn filled with amazing things.

I ended up picking up, first, a sugar scrub that smells of orange. It's so nice, and I'm seriously so pleased with it. The scent is gorgeous and it does a fantastic job. Plus it's local and handmade and all that good stuff. And! I got a little wooden scoop with it, which was nice. And did I mention the amazing scent? Orange. Perfect.

In addition to the sugar scrub, I picked up a bath bomb. Taylor had actually tried the bath bombs that this particular vendor makes and recommended them, so I figured I would pick one up. The scent I chose was Bubble Gum, which, I think, smells like Lush's Space Girl. I'm excited to try it, too, because it has one of those foam dinosaurs in them? The ones that expand when they're placed in water? So, I'll get a sweet-smelling, colourful bath and a dinosaur! What could be better?


The rest of my money had been earmarked for an iced tea, but those vendors weren't around. I'm not sure if they stopped selling at the market now that they have their own shop or if I just missed them that day, but either way I'm definitely going to have to track them down!

Eventually, Taylor and I made our way from the barn for the day. All in all, it was a pretty successful day! We both got some nice bath stuff, Taylor got a croissant, and we both got to spend the day in the warmth of summer, away from work. You can't ask for a better time.

7 comments:

  1. It's always nice to go to markets to see what treasures are waiting to be found and my gosh just going around and sniffing all the soaps (yep I'm that person ;)) hahahahaha XD A bubble gum bubble bath sounds soooo perfect!

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Erin! Just now I noticed that you changed blogs :) Loving the name of it. Also, it's so lovely to hear that you had a great time with your friend! That scrub sounds divine and I need that bath bomb in my life! That's so genius. x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess the experience is more important than the actual products you end up buying.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find markets really interesting and I love to wander around and discover the different stalls. The sugar scrub sounds lovely and so does the bath bomb. I love bubble gum scented products :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  5. great article

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to markets simply for the experience! There's nothing like wandering around with friends and just enjoying the sights and sounds! xoxo, Emily

    http://www.east91blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo your local farmer's market sounds lovely! It's a shame that it was so stuffy inside the barn though. That lip scrup sounds amazing! Citrus fruit is one of my favourite scents. Omg, there's a foam dinosaur inside your bathbomb?! :O I need one!

    Sarah | Raiin Monkey

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.