My Fall Bucket List

I love fall, but I never really feel like I get to fully experience the magic. This year, however, I am determined that that will change. I came across a few fall bucket lists on Pinterest and wrote out a few of the ideas I saw that I enjoy (the most noteable exclusion is going to a football game. I hate American/Canadian football. So. Much). I also have a few 'if the opportunity knocks' list items, because they sound fun but they aren't necessarily the easiest for me to achieve.


1) Rake Leaves
Granted, I do this most years anyway, but I do enjoy it. Usually, though, I do it to fill garbage bags printed to look like pumpkins or ghosts - a clever ruse to trick children into doing yard work for the sake of Halloween decorating. Still, as I said, I enjoy it!

2) Decorate my Room
I did this last year, if you remember from my old blog. I'll definitely be doing it again. I really do have some cute fall and Halloween decorations.

3) Take a Nature Walk
I love how the leaves look when they've turned colours! There are a few little trails around my town to enjoy the pretty colours, so this will be very easily achieved.

4) Carve Some Pumpkins
One of my favourite Halloween activities! And I will be carving them, not painting. Typically I do a classic Jack-o-Lantern and something a bit different. Let me know if you have any suggestions! Hopefully this year I will pick out my pumpkins before they begin to freeze outside.When that happens they rot a lot more quickly - squishy Jack-o-Lanterns? Not cute.


5) Watch Halloween Movies
I watch movies every Friday night, anyway, so all I have to do is throw in some Halloween fun. I'm thinking The Addams Family, Halloween, and Hocus Pocus, among others. Note: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown will also be watched. Of course!

6) Have a Cozy Movie Night
Fairy lights, candles, soft blankets and pillows? Perfect. Maybe this can even be a cozy movie afternoon? Bonus points if it's chilly and rainy outside.

7) Visit the Farmers' Market
I haven't been to the Farmers' Market since my first post on this blog! I'll definitely have to pop in and pick up some baked goods and take in the cozy vibes. Fall is contagious!

8) Stroll Around Town (with a Hot Drink!)
I actually did this in Reykjavik and it really was a good time. It's a great opportunity to visit some of your local shops and get some fresh air and a bit of sun while it lasts! Your warm drink can keep your hands warm while the stroll can keep the rest of you warm.


9) Craft with Fallen Leaves
I did this a lot when I was in university because it was a good way to avoid work take a study break. Maybe I'll branch out (leaf pun) from my usual and do a new kind of leaf craft.

10) Visit a Pumpkin Patch
This is the first of my if-the-opportunity-presents-itself list items. There aren't any around me (to my knowledge), so I'll probably rely on others making that plan and asking me to come along. Which is fine, it would be a cute trip, but I also don't mind to buy my pumpkins from the store.

11) Visit a Corn Maze
This is my second opportunity-necessary list item. I know for a fact that there aren't any near me, so maybe some friends will plan an afternoon out of town for some cute fall-time fun. Or I guess I could plan it. That works, too!


And that, my friends, is how I plan on spending my fall! Hopefully I'll get to do a good chunk of it. I think having a good mix of indoor and outdoor things is the key, you don't have to rely on perfect weather on your days off! What's even better is that this upcoming weekend is Thanksgiving and I've got the weekend off of work. I get to spend the time with my family! The perfect way to kick off fall.

Do you have anything you really want to do this season?

5 comments:

  1. Love this list, I definitely want to visit a farmer's market too!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE this list! Basically everything you listed is on a fall list of mine too lol. I try my best to get a lot of these things tackled (doesn't always happen though!) There's a Starbucks right across the street from me so you know that means I like getting my usual Pumpkin Spiced Latte and taking walks around the neighbourhood while looking at the changing leaves and seeing people's beautifully decorated front porches. Looove watching a good ol' movie if it's chilly and rainy out! I love "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"

    K yeah, basically this whole list. I swear, we are the same person for this! lol

    -Lor
    acozyspace.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I really like how simple these things are. I haven't dabbled in bucket lists or anything of the sort for fall, but visiting a farmer's market is something that's been on my mind for a while! My friends & I are trying to get together every month to cook a healthy meal, so hopefully we'll stop by a farmer's market and try it out!

    Sam | My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list! There's so much on here I've never even done. I don't believe I've ever raked leaves at anytime in my life, can you believe that!? Or decorated by room, visited a farmers market, or corn maze. I think the only thing on this list I've done was carve pumpkins and that was just two years ago, the one time Haahaha maybe I shouk pop on over to Canada and join you in these activities?

    I'm planning to visit a haunted house with some friends towards the end of the month. I'm pretty excited about it!

    Ama / Albatroz & Co.
    http://www.albatrozandco.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite not liking it the slightest, I decided to decorate this season, mainly for my daughter. Just a little but, but hey, the thought counts.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.