Bath Haul

It is fall and winter is coming! And do you know what that means? The arrival of fall, and the eventual arrival of winter, means that it is officially bath weather! I would love to have baths in the summer, but what's the point? Fall and winter is where it's at. So, due to the season, I have stocked up a bit on bath products and I thought I would share them with you!


Let's do this chronologically, shall we? The first two products I bought are actually some of my souvenirs from Iceland! Is it odd to put soap in a bath haul? A bit, perhaps, but it's fancy soap and so pretty, so I think it can have a pass. The first bath product I bought this season is a soap called Glacier by Icelandic Soaps. It smells so nice and fresh, it's definitely reminiscent of glacier lagoons in Iceland. And look, it's so pretty! And there is glitter on the top! What more can you need?


The second bath product I bought is a bath bomb! As I'm sure you can tell from the colour, it smells of citrus. It isn't a super strong scent, but definitely a nice smelling product. The bath bomb is by Soap Viking, and it uses Icelandic salts and(!) the formulae for their products are based on how the Vikings would have made soaps! If that isn't just freakin' nifty I don't know what is.


Next, October began, and with October came Lush's fall and Halloween line. Rather than take charge and order some online, I got my sister to pick up a few pieces from the line for me. Unfortunately the shops near my sister did not have the Halloween pieces I wanted most, but I'm pretty excited to try these out! First up is the Autumn Leaf bath bomb. Mine is a bit crumbly, but it only has to dissolve in water, so I'm not too bothered! Plus, has anyone ever found a perfect leaf? Probably not, so, you know, it's authentic to the season. Anyway, it smells a bit like soap. You know how some soap smells like other things and some soap just smells like soap? Autumn Leaf smells like soap. But it is a nice scent, and it does have a bit of a crisp scent to it, so it is fitting in the fall theme.


My second Lush bath product is the Lord of Misrule bath bomb. I actually think that the scent of this fits in better with December. It's a bit spicy, but also quite sweet. It reminds me a bit of wreaths with berries on - not that it smells like pine, but that's just the idea I get based on the scent. You know, earthier with a sweet touch? The colours (green outside, deep, reed on the inside)? It works, trust me.


A few days later I was in Superstore, wandering around, waiting for my mother, and I spotted some adorably packaged bath bits. As I got closer I realised they were from the Zoella Beauty line. Who'd have thought Zoella would be in Superstore? Maybe everyone who watches Zoella frequently knew that, but it was quite the surprise to see her products in my little Canadian town. So I got sniffing around and fell in love with the Fizz Bar. The scent is so lovely, it's very warm. I'm not great at explaining this kind of scent, but it reminds me of things like patchouli and sandal wood - two of my favourites!


And my final bath product! It's from The Body Shop and was quite the struggle to get (but The Body Shop are babes and so helpful!), but I'm so pleased! This is the Honeymania Bubble Bath Melt. It smells so good! I'm really interested to see how it will work, too. I've been hesitant, but I could get it for free (Buy 2 Get 1 Free!) so I figured I ought to try it out! Plus it's a pretty big tub (300mL), it's definitely great value. Hopefully it goes well!


Needless to say, I am ready for bath season! I think we all know how I'm going to be spending my evenings for the next few months. Do you have any favourite bath products? Have you tried any of my new purchases? If so, what did you think of them?

Note: Icelandic Soaps and Soap Viking are linked only because I am a fan of smaller, local businesses. We are in no way affiliated.

11 comments:

  1. I think a lot of the autumnal halloween lush products have started to go out of stores and they are bringing in most of the xmas stuff now but at least you got to try out Autumn leaf! I really liked it, the scent was a little unusual to the normal scents lush creates but I quite liked how fresh it was! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love bath hauls like this! :D I've had my eye on that honey melt for a while... I think I can only get it online, but it looks sooo tempting and I'm glad to hear that it smells so amazing, also! You really can't go wrong with LUSH, they always do some lovely seasonal bath bombs. :) I prefer their bubble bars, though, it's like a lovely scent + bubbles, yay! <3 Some truly lovely souvenirs here from Iceland also, lovely, that soap looks so luxurious! Thank you for sharing your fab picks. :) xoxo <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having baths and getting a really good bubble bath or bath soak and just completely relaxing in there. I love the look of the icelandic soap, it looks so pretty! Definitely want to also give Zoella's fizz bar a go too! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to bath bombs. I just got one at Lush & can't wait to try it though. I'll have to check out these other scents. :]


    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! Zoella's line isn't available in my country. Even Lush was just recently opened here. Great bath haul by the way.

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. great haul :)

    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Body Shop one sounds divine! I now really want to try it myself, haha. Also, been trying to get my hands on this Zoella fizz bar for ages but it isn't sold here in Lithuania and shipping fee is ridiculous... But I shall get it one day! :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo to Icelandic soaps! I bet they smell amazing :)
    I pretty much love anything from Lush, The Body Shop, and Bath and Body Works (also because, I've been a bit on a cruelty-free kick lately, and I love that those companies don't believe in animal testing). I have a few things on my list I'd like from Body Shop and B&BW, specifically the coconut butter from Body Shop ;) B&BW came out with a new product this season called "Magic in the Air" and I love it! I've put it on my list so I'd love to try the shower gel or something for the ultimate Christmas scent.

    -Lor
    acozyspace.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got shipped a Zoella Fizz Bar one year for a Christmas swap, and it is pretty decent! The scent is really hard to describe. I do wish it would fizz more though, but I think Lush spoiled me into constantly wanting loads and loads of fizz... ah, well.
    Natalie @ www.natillie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coming from a person who's had about three baths her whole life, I am impressed by this haul. Everything sounds so delicious I want to eat and bathe in it 😂 You definitely have the ultimate winter collection Erin.

    Ama / Albatroz & Co.
    http://www.albatrozandco.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming from a person who's had about three baths her whole life, I am impressed by this haul. Everything sounds so delicious I want to eat and bathe in it 😂 You definitely have the ultimate winter collection Erin.

    Ama / Albatroz & Co.
    http://www.albatrozandco.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.