Bedroom Holiday Decor

It's that time of year (when the world falls in love)!  A few days ago I got my bedroom Christmas-ready. It is a little bit early, but I've been really excited to get decorating. That, combined with the fact that I had a day off which was then combined with a fresh blanket of snow, meant that it was time for me to decorate. I couldn't resist! So, I put a Christmas playlist on YouTube and got to work.

Probably the first thing you spot when you enter my room is the little stocking garland that I got from Ten Thousand Villages a few weeks ago. Made in Nepal, when I saw them at the pop-up shop I knew it had to come home with me! It's a bit misleadingly long, so I had to be creative with its placement, but I'm very pleased with the garland where it is!


To the left is my little Christmas tree! It, of course, takes the place of my vase of fall flowers. I'm quite pleased with my little tree. I picked up all of the bits on my lunch break one day from the Dollarama, and then I got the candy canes later. The blue bits are beach glass, there are glittery pine cones in there, and oh, a seasonal Shaq picture. It's a souvenir from my job - the best thing to come out of my store, really. Anyway... I kind of missed having my own little tree, so now I'm all set!


Now, to the right of that, I have a little school house display on my bookshelf. Since I was small I had a love for those Christmas villages that people had in their homes (my aunt included)! Eventually I got a set for either my birthday or Christmas (they're five days apart, sometimes it's hard to remember!). It's even got a little light inside the school house to make it more cozy. And I think that the felt snow stuff really makes it.


Beyond those bit pieces, I've got a few small bits around the room. On the window I have some snowflake window cling sticker things which bring me right back to my childhood! I've also got a gorgeous little candle that I got at Winners last year, the scent is perfect! I've got my little A Christmas Story ornament over with the school house scene, a wind-up skating scene on my dresser, and a Glade solid air freshener in the Apple Cinnamon scent (though that is in my bathroom). I may also make a paper chain again this year to top it all off!



I'm definitely excited to begin decorating the rest of the house. I love when the decorations start coming out, it makes the house feel so much more cozy and festive. Do you have any holiday or seasonal decorations up?

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I love all this! That stocking garland is to die for, I love it! The little Christmas tree and the Christmas village...it's all so adorable! (By the way, we have that same Dorothy doll somewhere in our house!) I love it. My room is a little decorated too, I gotta do a post on that when I get a chance!

    -Lor
    acozyspace.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah I've a friend who'd love you Erin! Hahaha I've no Christmas decorations up at all but I love what you've done to your room, the garland is definitely one of my faves and I like it at the foot of your bed. Can't wait to see the rest of the house!

    Ama / Albatroz & Co
    http://www.albatrozandco.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am officially in love. All your decorations look so cute and festive! AW. I want to decorate my room so badly but I literally have no time. I hope to decorate it next week after I submit my assignments :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all so cute, and has definiitely put me in the festive mood! That mini stocking garland is the cutest, I now need to go out and find one for my christmas interiors! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I now want to get me crochet hook out and make that garland it's so cute. I've got my tree up but that's it so far. I'd like to invest in some more decorations and get everything looking festive. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I love the stocking garland!! x

    www.wanderlustboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.