Getting Christmas Crafty

This is getting out of hand, honestly. I had meant to do more general holiday posts because, you know, not everyone does Christmas. But, here we are, with a third 'Christmas' post. Oh well. No one is perfect.

Anyway, last year I saved this pin on Pinterest because it was cute and Christmas-y and I wanted to give it a go. Then I didn't even attempt to make the craft (though I did make some other things!). Pretty standard for anyone on Pinterest, I think, and especially so for me. But, this year I did make it, and I think it turned out pretty darn well.


I rooted through our collection of Christmas wrapping supplies and cut some pieces of wrapping paper from the rolls. I gabbed my little collection of extra buttons, a glue gun, and a canvas, and away I went.

It's a pretty simple craft. I think the most complicated bit was deciding what order to place the wrapping paper. You just cut the pieces to be the same height but different widths and line them up largest to smallest. To put it together, I wrapped the paper around a pencil then used my glue gun to glue the edge to the roll, slipped the pencil out of the paper, then glued the roll to the canvas. Easy-peasy.


Once the 'tree' part was finished I added the buttons. I like a mismatched Christmas tree, so I was able to go ahead with the prettiest buttons I had, careless of colour-scheme or theme. For the tree topper I used a button as well, but I think one of those store-bought ribbon bows would look nice on, or, a star of some sort if you wanted to get a bit more creative. And, for the trunk, I decided to just use a bit more wrapping paper.

As I said, I'm quite pleased with my little tree! I think it looks quite festive and cute, and it's pretty simple to make. Have you done any Christmas crafts? Or, holiday/seasonal crafts in general? Snowflakes? Banners? If you've done a post about it, or shared it on Instagram or something let me know, I want to see it!


8 comments:

  1. This is such a cute craft project. I always end up with loads of wrapping off cuts so I need to try this. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Yaaaas to Christmas DIY's haha!x

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's absoutely adorable , pinterest is always the best place to get ideas ! I love these Christmas posts, don't appoligise ! I'd love to see even more of them :)

    lots of love,Marianne xxx

    https://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this turned out! I actually think that Christmas time is the best time for some DIY projects. I'm going to try some myself for sure :)

    - Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, Erin!!
    Sadly, I haven't had a chance to do a Christmas craft this year (except for my usual Christmas card drawings!) Just been helping out with the usual decorating and maybe will put together a gingerbread house soon :)

    -Lor
    acozyspace.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin oh my days this is the cutest. Im always seeing crafts i want to try but never do. Im so glad you got round to doin this because it is so cute!!

    I havent done any christmas crafts, i havent even gotten round to wrapping presents hahahah

    Ama / Albatroz & Co.
    http://www.albatrozandco.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com
    https://www.instagram.com/themakeupaficionado17/
    https://au.pinterest.com/bernadette_95/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.