Drugstore Makeup Haul

It's been awhile, hasn't it? I am trying to get things going again here, but taking pictures in the winter is hard! Someday I will be able to keep on top of this blog. Probably.

Anyway... If you follow me on Twitter, you might  have seen that I was first tempted to trash all of my makeup, then had thrown out a majority of my collection. Why? I am tired of crappy makeup. I am tired of mascara melting in under my eyes, I am tired of lipstick that you have to take off and reapply rather than just touch up, I am tired of my eye shadow creasing.


So, all of that in mind, on Monday I went shopping and bought a few new pieces of makeup. I picked from lines that I trust and that are known for certain products. I don't have a full face yet, but my goal for Monday was to get ready for what I wear on an every-day basis.

I bought mostly eye products, but I also picked up a new BB cream. Let's have a look!

From L'Oreal I picked up a nice little eye shadow palette. It is called La Palette Nude 1 ($18). Inside are ten gold-ish-toned nude shades, a mix of mattes and shimmers. It seemed like a really versatile palette, and I had the chance to swatch a few of the shades in store the other day and they feel really lovely.

I bought a few things from Rimmel. The first product I bought is their 9 in 1 BB Cream ($9) in the shade 'very light'. I haven't tried any of Rimmel's face products before, but I have heard good things about their foundations, and then I saw that they have a super pale colour in their BB Cream, so I figured it was time to try it out. Plus, Cara Delevingne is the face of Rimmel right now, so you really can't  lose.

Drugstore Makeup Haul

I also bought two eyeliners from Rimmel. I chose the Colour Precise Liquid Eyeliner ($9), as well as the Exaggerate Automatic Waterproof Eye Definer ($9). I have used the latter product before (I LOVE that it is retractable rather than something you have to sharpen). I haven't tried the liquid eyeliner before, but it sounds interesting, what with the felt tip, and, again Cara Delevingne.

Okay, I am SO glad that a few stores here have started carrying elf. Why? Because they have a magical eye shadow primer. The one I bought is larger than the one I had before, too, which is great. This eye shadow primer is the Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer ($4). I am very excited to get back to trusting eye shadow again.

And, finally, I picked up a new mascara. I've heard fantastic things about this Maybelline mascara, it is the Lash Sensational ($9) mascara. I haven't really had any issues with mascara, save for one, but it is nice to have a change. So, yes, I am excited to try this out.

Drugstore Makeup Haul

And so concludes my first makeup haul in, well, a long time! I am quite pleased with what I have bought. I am planning on adding to this little collection, it would be handy to have a proper foundation for certain occasions, some blush... But what I have will do me just fine until then.

If you're curious, I did keep a few products from my old stash. I kept my Rimmel/Kate Moss lipsticks, a Revlon lipstain, and an eye shadow palette that I suspect is an elf rip-off (it has a lot of different colours which I do like playing with a bit). At the end of the day, it is a small collection, but it will do me just fine!

Have you bought any new makeup lately? Tell me about it!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.