Quebec City Photo Diary


Did you happen to catch my Montreal Photo Diary? If you did, consider this post to be part two of my Quebec Trip series. If not, Montreal Photo Diary is a hyperlink. After my time in Montreal I took my very first train ride to the charming Quebec City (or, as the locals call it, Quebec).












Quebec City was a bit more of a familiar trip for me than Montreal was. Granted, I mostly hung around the Old Quebec area which is every bit the European Old City you could ask for. But even the busier areas that I visited, areas where there was traffic at intersections and cars were driving faster than 30km an hour Quebec City just felt comfortable. If they were home designs Quebec City would be bohemian to Montreal's minimalism. If that makes any sense.

In Quebec I spent the majority of my time walking in historic areas. I explored centuries-old citadels and battlefields-turned-parks. I walked on cobbled streets and popped into buildings made of stone. I ate amazing meals, photographed gorgeous store- and restaurant-front displays, and even became a bit of a contortionist to use the bathroom facilities in my hostel. I forced myself to learn to use trains, I forgot to use the sunblock I bought, froze my butt off, and had an amazing time.

My only regret is that I didn't have more days to spend in Quebec City. And that I didn't ask anyone what a certain rodent was that I saw on the Plains of Abraham... I'm still not sure what it was, but it was cute!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.